Profits are looking good and we have now started ongoing IMX token buybacks using only profits generated by Impermax! All IMX holders will benefit from this continuing buy pressure in both Uniswap V2 and Polygon’s QuickSwap.
Buybacks will also be implemented with upcoming releases on AMMs like BSC’s PancakeSwap.
Staking Is Coming Soon
Buybacks are live right now, but the next major update will also include IMX staking rewards built into the protocol. IMX collected from buybacks will be allocated to staking rewards. Watch for upcoming announcements as the release approaches!
Impermax Is A Profit Generator
How does Impermax generate profits to spend on token buybacks? The IMX protocol has a built-in revenue stream.
- A lender (also called an Indirect Liquidity Provider) lends funds to a borrower (a Direct Liquidity Provider.)
- The borrower uses the funds to increase their farming position on an AMM like Uniswap V2 or PancakeSwap.
- The borrower pays interest to the lender.
- Up to 20% of each interest payment is retained by the Impermax protocol.
What Is IMX Used For?
When the Impermax governance system is fully implemented later in 2021, these profits will be fully controlled by IMX holders, who will vote on how to distribute them and other governance proposals. Until then, IMX token buybacks are a way to reduce circulating supply and distribute the benefits of ongoing profits.
How Much Profit Is Available For IMX Buybacks?
- In the last two months (May and June 2021) Impermax generated about $85,000 USD in profits.
- Current profits are about $1,100 per day. At this rate it would be about $400,000 USD per year.
- Current market cap is about $1.3 million. This means yearly profits are already 31% of market cap, which is a price/earnings ratio of about 3.25.
As we add features and increase our number of users this year, we believe we can grow these figures significantly.
How Much IMX Is Impermax Buying?
At the current price (about $0.13) Impermax is buying about 8,500 IMX each day from the Uniswap V2 and QuickSwap markets. The more funds that are borrowed, the more profits will be available for increasing buybacks.
Performance Is Good For Growth
The good news is that Impermax has been live for 4 months and has consistently delivered good returns, (and often market-leading returns,) for lenders and borrowers despite market volatility. As more people become comfortable with DeFi and see that Impermax continues to perform, usage will increase. Although there is always risk in DeFi, Impermax lets users choose how risky they want to be, and people are making money with the platform. As more lenders and borrowers join in, Impermax’s profits and buybacks will increase proportionally.
Stay engaged with the project to see what happens next!